Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating common parameters database

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MM5XZCAE
258 Views, 3 Replies

Creating common parameters database

Hi everyone,

How to create a common parameter database that can be accessed by all the inventor files through ilogic or somehow?

For example, creating a dimension parameters database and accessing those parameters through the code in an application.

Kindly help me on this query.

Thanks,

Khizam

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CattabianiI
in reply to: MM5XZCAE

What's the difference between accessing parameter through a database ((filename, model state name, parameter name) would be the key, I think) and through inventor document object? What's your pourpose?

Anyway you could leverage ModelingEvents.OnNewParameter / OnParameterChange to store the parameters in your database.
And for such a simple database I would recommend SQLite, but internet is a better place to look for this answer.

Message 3 of 4
MM5XZCAE
in reply to: CattabianiI

I will explain the use case,

say for example, I have a dimension parameter (InletDiameter = 10 in). I want to use this parameter in multiple inventor models instead of recreating it every time in each model and the value 10in may change at some circumstances, at that time I don't want to open each model and change the parameter value, instead changing the value in the database has to reflect on all the models.

Message 4 of 4
CattabianiI
in reply to: MM5XZCAE

So is the database the data source? From the db to the models, not the opposite, right?

> changing the value in the database has to reflect on all the models.
this is not possible without opening the model you want to update, though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report