Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create / Renew Inventor Shared Views via iLogic or Custom Programming?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
petestrycharske
701 Views, 7 Replies

Create / Renew Inventor Shared Views via iLogic or Custom Programming?

All,

Good morning!  I have a client who is very interested in Shared Views within Inventor 2019, but unfortunately, the shared views completely disappear after they expire.  I confirmed that you can't even see them on the host Inventor side after that time.  I would like to know if there have been any new developments with iLogic that will allow users to create and renew shared views via code?  Or if the API is exposed enough to do with a custom program of some sort (forgive me, I'm NOT a programmer).  I found this post that makes it sound like this is not an option, but want to see if there's another way.  If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

@petestrycharske,

Unfortunately, Inventor API does not support for shared view. Please log this wish list at idea station using below link.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/idb-p/v1232

Thanks and regards,

CHANDRA SHEKAR G
Developer Advocate
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 8

Thanks @chandra.shekar.g!  I've created a couple of ideas and posted them below.  Appreciate the confirmation, hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/expose-the-api-for-shared-views-in-inventor-for-ilogic...

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/shared-views-should-remain-in-inventor-after-expiratio...

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 8

Hi @chandra.shekar.g 

Has there been any change/update on this in the past ~two years?

I have customer who could use this functionality prior to heading down the full Forge Design Automation route/costs.

Thanks,

Alex.

Message 5 of 8

@AlexFielder,

The Shared View is an addin, and currently we don't have API exposed for it. You can post to IdeaStation for this requirement

Thanks and regards,

CHANDRA SHEKAR G
Developer Advocate
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 6 of 8
ejaL9K8H
in reply to: petestrycharske
Message 7 of 8
ejaL9K8H
in reply to: petestrycharske

Any updates?
This would really be a useful function.
Now 4 years has gone since the first post - why can't this be implemented?

Thanks
Emil Jakobsen

Message 8 of 8

I dont think Autodesk will release API for shareview so that you can make auto renew the expiration because the cost of file hosting will be increase.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report