Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Text parameter to Numeric parameter

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
nick2C5YB
407 Views, 1 Reply

Convert Text parameter to Numeric parameter

Dear All,

At this moment im facing a problem I can't seem to solve. I have a master file with a form to setup all parameters for the parts/assemblys linked. Numeric parameters can be exported, but text parameters can't. So im looking for a way to convert them. 

In my forms I have several options to choose, for example the type of brace mounting. 

1 welded with a square plate

2 welded with a rounded plate

3 Bolted plate

4 No bracing

I wan't to choose in my form one of the options above. Then im looking for a solution to convert for example ''Welded with a square plate'' to the numeric value of 1. ''No bracing'' get the numeric value of 4.

So I can export the value to an assembly where the parts get changed/suppresed based on rules.

Is there a workaround for this problem?

Many thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
YuhanZhang
in reply to: nick2C5YB

It is not allowed to change the user parameter from Text to Numeric, you can delete the Text type user parameter and create a numeric user parameter instead.

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report