Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing the visibility of only some hidden lines in drawing views

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
davidt162003
100 Views, 2 Replies

changing the visibility of only some hidden lines in drawing views

basically what i want to do is turn this 

davidt162003_1-1716376656816.png

into something more like this 

davidt162003_0-1716376571953.png

or this 

davidt162003_2-1716376697469.png

to this 

davidt162003_3-1716376736859.png

For example the Flanges don't require all the hidden lines from the bolting holes unless front on. or a nozzle doesn't need to show it a hidden line of its bore. Is their a good way to enumerate and find the lines i don't want so i can just select them all and switch off their visibility.  

HII
Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
WCrihfield
in reply to: davidt162003

Hi @davidt162003.  What you want to do does sound like it might be possible to achieve by code.  However, there is no simple, short, or easy way to do it by code.  It will most likely require a very long and complex code that would be very custom to your unique needs, because only you know the design of the models involved, and only you know exactly which geometry you want to control the visibility of.  A good place for you to start would be to search within this forum for topics involving changing colors, layers, or visibility of drawing view geometry, based on something model related, and review the code examples shown for those solutions, because they will be very similar.  There are likely not a lot of folks who are eager to get involved because they know that it would require investing a lot of time into a project that likely only one person would ever find helpful.  So, it would be best if you attempted to develop some of this code project yourself, then if you run into areas of the code that you are having problems with, you will likely find a lot more folks wanting to help with those smaller scale problems.

The tools you would most likely need to include:

DrawingView 

DrawingView.DrawingCurves (a property of the view that can work like a Function, if model object specified)

DrawingCurvesEnumerator 

DrawingCurve 

DrawingCurve.EdgeType 

DrawingCurve.LineType 

DrawingCurve.ModelGeometry  (returns generic Object, because it could be many different types of objects)

DrawingCurve.Segments 

DrawingCurveSegments 

DrawingCurveSegment 

DrawingCurveSegment.HiddenLine 

DrawingCurveSegment.Layer 

DrawingCurveSegment.Visible 

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 3 of 3
davidt162003
in reply to: WCrihfield

ah yeah i was kinda just looking for something more on the conceptual level on how i may find the correct drawing curves, like would it be easier to use the ref key manger, attributes or some form of simplification? or if their was some other fancy way to do it?

I know how i would write it, once the draw curve(collection of curves) are obtained. im not to worried about the business/model specific logic  but if getting those draw curves is fairly complex I think ill push it back as its more of a want than a need  

HII

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report