Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Parameter to Assembly File (Remove _1, _2 extension one) and after that Coppy all parameter into all sub-assembly file

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
tamnn.designer
350 Views, 7 Replies

Add Parameter to Assembly File (Remove _1, _2 extension one) and after that Coppy all parameter into all sub-assembly file

Hi Bro.

I have code to add all parameter from code to assembly file. It worked. But if i run one more time. they are not stop but also add _1, _2 version => I would like to add some more line to stop if the parameter available already.

2. After created that parameter above to the assembly file => I would also coppy to all sub-assembly as the same name.

Could your please kindly help and support and improve.

Many thanks.

If ThisDoc.Document.DocumentType = DocumentTypeEnum.kAssemblyDocumentObject Then
	oMyParameter = ThisAssembly.Document.ComponentDefinition.Parameters.UserParameters 
Else
	oMyParameter = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument.ComponentDefinition.Parameters.UserParameters 
End If 

''THIS WORKS NOTE PARAMETERS WILL BE ADDED IN THE EXACT ORDER THEY ARE GENERATED IN THIS LIST

oParameter = oMyParameter.AddByExpression("extent_dim_X", "1", UnitsTypeEnum.kMillimeterLengthUnits)
oParameter.ExposedAsProperty = True
oParameter = oMyParameter.AddByExpression("extent_dim_Y", "1", UnitsTypeEnum.kMillimeterLengthUnits)
oParameter = oMyParameter.AddByExpression("extent_dim_T", "1", UnitsTypeEnum.kMillimeterLengthUnits)
oParameter = oMyParameter.AddByExpression("part_area", "1", UnitsTypeEnum.kMillimeterLengthUnits)
oParameter = oMyParameter.AddByExpression("bend_number", "1", UnitsTypeEnum.kUnitlessUnits)
oParameter = oMyParameter.AddByExpression("Xcubic", "1", UnitsTypeEnum.kMillimeterLengthUnits)
oParameter = oMyParameter.AddByExpression("Ycubic", "1", UnitsTypeEnum.kMillimeterLengthUnits)
oParameter = oMyParameter.AddByExpression("Zcubic", "1", UnitsTypeEnum.kMillimeterLengthUnits)
oParameter = oMyParameter.AddByExpression("thread_hole_number", "1", UnitsTypeEnum.kUnitlessUnits)
'Next oParameter

'param.CustomPropertyFormat.Precision = kThreeDecimalPlacesPrecision
'param.CustomPropertyFormat.ShowTrailingZeros = True
'param.CustomPropertyFormat.ShowUnitsString = True
'param.CustomPropertyFormat.Units = "in"

iLogicVb.UpdateWhenDone = True

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi Bro,

Can i borrow somebody few mins. Many thanks.

Message 3 of 8

Hi, 

Here is my go at it, this code creates the said parameters in the assembly you are firing the rule from, then goes through each sub-assembly and also creates those same parameters. It also prevents parameters from duplicating :

Sub Main()
	Dim Doc As Inventor.AssemblyDocument = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument
	Dim AssyCompDef As Inventor.AssemblyComponentDefinition = Doc.ComponentDefinition

Create_Params(Doc)

For Each Occ As Inventor.ComponentOccurrence In AssyCompDef.Occurrences
		Dim RefDoc As Inventor.Document = Occ.ReferencedDocumentDescriptor.ReferencedDocument

Create_Params(RefDoc)
	Next
End Sub

Private Sub Create_Params(doc As Inventor.Document)
	Dim CompDef As Inventor.ComponentDefinition = doc.ComponentDefinition
	Dim UserParams As Inventor.UserParameters = CompDef.Parameters.UserParameters

Dim pNames As String() = {"extent_dim_X", "extent_dim_Y", "extent_dim_T", "part_area", "bend_number", "Xcubic", "Ycubic", "Zcubic", "thread_hole_number" }
	Dim pValues As String() = {"1", "1", "1", "1", "1", "1", "1", "1", "1" }
	Dim pUnits As Object() = {UnitsTypeEnum.kMillimeterLengthUnits, UnitsTypeEnum.kMillimeterLengthUnits, UnitsTypeEnum.kMillimeterLengthUnits, UnitsTypeEnum.kMillimeterLengthUnits, UnitsTypeEnum.kUnitlessUnits, UnitsTypeEnum.kMillimeterLengthUnits, UnitsTypeEnum.kMillimeterLengthUnits, UnitsTypeEnum.kMillimeterLengthUnits, UnitsTypeEnum.kUnitlessUnits }

For i As Integer = 0 To pNames.Length - 1 	
		Dim check As Boolean = False 	
		For Each p As Inventor.Parameter In UserParams
			If p.Name = pNames(i) Then check = True

Next

If check = True Then Continue For
		Dim newParam As Inventor.Parameter = UserParams.AddByExpression(pNames(i), pValues(i), pUnits(i))
		newParam.ExposedAsProperty = True

Next

End Sub 

Please mark this as solution if it helped out ! 😄

Kind regards,

FINET L. 

If this post solved your question, please kindly mark it as "Solution"

If this post helped out in any way to solve your question, please drop a "Like"

@LinkedIn     @JohnCockerill

Message 4 of 8
WCrihfield
in reply to: tamnn.designer

Hi @tamnn.designer.  Attached is a text file of another iLogic rule I had that you could try for this task.  I customized the parameter data to match the data you posted above.  And customized it to only work on referenced sub assemblies, at all levels.

Edit:  Oops, it does not do the 'Exposed as Property' and related settings part.  But that could easily be added into the Sub routine's code, in if needed.

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 5 of 8
WCrihfield
in reply to: tamnn.designer

This version is customized a bit further, to expose the parameter as a custom iProperty then set the options the way you have them in your first post.

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 6 of 8

That's great to hear. Thank you very much!
Message 7 of 8
tamnn.designer
in reply to: WCrihfield

That's also perfect. Thank a lot
Message 8 of 8

Hi Sir,

i am doing the stupid way. I use 2 code.

Frist. Add all parameter from external rule into the main assembly and Sub-Assembly

Second: I copied all parameter from the current main assembly into all children part.

=> Parameter from Assemblies = Parts.  That is not good for me later. I would choose which parameter will add into Assemblies, and which parameters will go all children parts.

Finally: One code combination 2 step but choose the destination

- I would want all parameter in this code input to all parts.

- Some parameter Xcubic, Ycubic and Zcubic input to main assembly and sub-assembly only "

Thank a lot and best regards

Sub Main
If ThisDoc.Document.DocumentType <> DocumentTypeEnum.kAssemblyDocumentObject Then Exit Sub
Dim oADoc As AssemblyDocument = ThisDoc.FactoryDocument

Dim oParamsData As New List(Of List(Of Object))
oParamsData.Add(New List(Of Object) From {"extent_dim_X", "1", UnitsTypeEnum.kMillimeterLengthUnits })
oParamsData.Add(New List(Of Object) From {"extent_dim_Y", "1", UnitsTypeEnum.kMillimeterLengthUnits })
oParamsData.Add(New List(Of Object) From {"extent_dim_T", "1", UnitsTypeEnum.kMillimeterLengthUnits })
oParamsData.Add(New List(Of Object) From {"part_area", "1", UnitsTypeEnum.kMillimeterLengthUnits })
oParamsData.Add(New List(Of Object) From {"bend_number", "1", UnitsTypeEnum.kUnitlessUnits })
oParamsData.Add(New List(Of Object) From {"Xcubic", "1", UnitsTypeEnum.kMillimeterLengthUnits })
oParamsData.Add(New List(Of Object) From {"Ycubic", "1", UnitsTypeEnum.kMillimeterLengthUnits })
oParamsData.Add(New List(Of Object) From {"Zcubic", "1", UnitsTypeEnum.kMillimeterLengthUnits })
oParamsData.Add(New List(Of Object) From {"thread_hole_number", "1", UnitsTypeEnum.kUnitlessUnits })

EnsureParamsExist(oADoc, oParamsData)
Dim oAllSubAsms As List(Of Inventor.Document) = oADoc.AllReferencedDocuments.OfType(Of Inventor.Document).Where(Function(d) d.DocumentType = DocumentTypeEnum.kAssemblyDocumentObject).ToList
If oAllSubAsms Is Nothing OrElse oAllSubAsms.Count = 0 Then Exit Sub
For Each oSubAsm In oAllSubAsms
EnsureParamsExist(oSubAsm, oParamsData)
Next
If oADoc.RequiresUpdate Then oADoc.Update2(True)
End Sub

Sub EnsureParamsExist(oDoc As Document, oParamsData As List(Of List(Of Object)))
If oDoc Is Nothing Or (oParamsData Is Nothing OrElse oParamsData.Count = 0) Then Exit Sub
If oDoc.IsModifiable = False Then Exit Sub
Dim oUParams As UserParameters = oDoc.ComponentDefinition.Parameters.UserParameters
For Each MainEntry In oParamsData
If MainEntry.Count = 0 Then Continue For
Dim oUParam As UserParameter = Nothing
Try
oUParam = oUParams.Item(MainEntry.First)
Catch
oUParam = oUParams.AddByExpression(MainEntry.First, MainEntry.Item(1), MainEntry.Last)
End Try
Try
If Not oUParam.ExposedAsProperty Then oUParam.ExposedAsProperty = True
Dim oCPF As CustomPropertyFormat = oUParam.CustomPropertyFormat
oCPF.Units = oDoc.UnitsOfMeasure.GetStringFromType(MainEntry.Last)
oCPF.Precision = CustomPropertyPrecisionEnum.kThreeDecimalPlacesPrecision
oCPF.ShowLeadingZeros = True
oCPF.ShowTrailingZeros = True
Catch
End Try
Next
End Sub

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report