cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve the probe tool

Improve the probe tool

Dear Developers,

many times I had trouble with the probe tool. I have attached an example below. Whenever turn on probes in a result file, and then switch views, you get multiple other probes lying above the original ones. Unfortunately it is not possible to delete or move single probes, you either delete all or none.

Another problem I encountered with the probe tools and undercuts. Since you can't use the view cut of inventor, you have to use the section cut in the result display. If you use this tool and you have an undercut, the probe tool frequently delivers the value of the not visible, already cut away parts, because they are from your point of view in front of the targeted position.

The third problem is, that I have had multiple crashes involving the probe tool. E.g picking probes (more than 4), changing views, dong this twice and then crashing.

These problems have made me use probes very seldomly and quickly deleting them again.

I would highly appreciate, if you improve the probe tool.

In case I am not using the tool right, please be so kind to advise me how to use it.

Unbenannt.1PNG.PNGUnbenannt2.PNG

Kind regards

Santino

7 Comments
martin_madaj
Advocate

Hi I suggested similar improvement a few years ago but the answer was not that positive as one would expect. 🙂 Hope your idea will be granted this time.

M.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly what I am currently experiencing. Probe in NIC is very annoying to use. First, we cannot move the leader text, second we cannot change the content of the information displayed (I just need to display the von mises result, why show all values including displacement in all axis?), third, it makes the navigation slow. third we cannot delete the probe. fifth, the most annoying glitch is when i delete all probe, suddenly one probe will be permanent, and i cannot create new probe until i close the analysis and start again. sixth, crash.

mitch.muncy
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

PierreMalouf8976
Enthusiast

I agree with hilmizakaria the NIC probe is difficult to use, specially when the model is rotated.

Pierre Malouf

d.butkiewicz
Contributor

The probe still duplicates after switching the display on and off. Plase kindly, improve the probe tool

robert_kovacs
Participant

-It should be possible to place the probe tool while looking at a section view.

-It should be possible to move and delete probes independently.

-Why cant I delete the last probe? It persists even though going in and out of Nastran.

cbuttnorSUDJ4
Participant

Should be able to probe and view mesh in section view as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report