cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better Report Features

Better Report Features

The Report Generator feature seems like it hasn't been developed at all.

Here are a number of suggestions that would make it more useful:

1. Do not show details of excluded parts. Currently, excluded parts are listed throughout the report. I have dozens of excluded PEM nuts in one assembly I'm working with, so most of my report is just a bunch of 0's of excluded parts.
  2. Allow selection of the tables that get exported. Right now (as far as I can tell), the table results that get exported are fixed and don't change. For example, my stress summary for each part shows Bar Axial Min, Bar Axial Max and Bar Von Mises. I don't have any bars in my simulation. Can we have the ability to select the features?
  3. Allow report to be split based on the subcase. It can be difficult to review results when looking at tables that have multiple subcases intermixed. Having a checkbox that would allow you to separate or sort the results based on subcases would make the reports much more legible).
  4. Have Result plots dictate the screenshots that are included in the report. Right now a seemingly random assortment of images are attached with a variety of mostly useless plots. These should be configurable by the operator, and using the plots feature (and perhaps expanding on that by being able to set camera location/orientation) is probably the easiest way to quickly configure that. Definitely include the ability to show views with just one part (if FEA is of an assembly) - this can already be done with the results view so taking from that would be useful.
  5. Have the option to include connector loads (preload and added load / stress). These are important results and being able to summarize them would be useful.
  6. Include SPC reaction loads for each constraint separately. Right now the reaction loads are summarized for the entire assembly. This should be split for each constraint, or at least include an additional table for those constraints.

I am sure there are many other things that could be improved, but this is a starting point that would have immediate beneficial impacts. The reporting is currently a significant weakness of Nastran In-CAD and slows post-processing to a crawl when working with large assemblies.

2 Comments
mitch.muncy
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

Anonymous
Not applicable

An alternative here would be to expose more of Nastran In-CAD to the API so that we can write our own VBA scripts that generate more full reports.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report