Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vibration Testing and Acceleration Loads

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
560 Views, 2 Replies

Vibration Testing and Acceleration Loads

I am attempting to run FEA on an assembly that is to be vibration tested (Accelerated to 3 G's). The assembly is fixed at 6 bolt holes at the bottom and the load is applied within the same plane that the assembly is fixed. I have tried using an enforced motion, but only displacement shows up in the sub type (I think this is because the force isn't applied to the face). I have tried converting the acceleration of 3 G's to a force applied to an entire side of the assembly, but there is an error meshing now. I have also tried using a remote force to move the base (acting as a shaker plate).

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to simulate a vibration test best using Nastran in CAD? Any tips would be helpful.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous. Welcome to the In-CAD forum.

We need a little more information to understand what you are trying to do, such as:

1. What type of vibration testing are you performing? (A sine-sweep? random vibration? something else?)
  2. What type of analysis are you using in In-CAD? This may be affecting what options are available for the enforced motion subtype.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hey, thanks for the response.

I am attempting to perform a sine sweep where input accelerations shall be .25 g at 5 HZ, then ramp to 5 g at 20 Hz, then remain at 4.2 g to 200 Hz. If necessary, that can be simplified to 4.2 g (1622 in/s^2) at 200Hz. I am doing a modal frequency analysis, so the acceleration option for enforced motion works. I want to find the resonance points.

My main problem now is trying to get my mesh to work again. The assembly has a lot of parts, and when it meshes, it clumps them in places where they shouldn't be.

Thanks again for the help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report