Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Txt or CSV export of analysis input parameters

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
320 Views, 2 Replies

Txt or CSV export of analysis input parameters

Is there a way to export a txt file of all the material data, load, constraint etc. used in a particular analysis?

Inventor Nastran 2020

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

I am not sure what you want to do with this information, but the answer is basically no. I would think the main use for the information is so that you can apply the same thing to a similar model.

The difficulty is that most of the information that you want (loads, constraints, contacts) are applied to faces. Knowing what face an item is applied to is not especially helpful since you cannot select a face by knowing only that information. 

The closest thing that has all of this information is the Nastran file. It has all of the information but at a very detailed level. For example, every node that has a constraint. Trying to use that information for a new model is also difficult.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks John,

I suspected as much. The purpose for the info was for checking consistency of loads, constraints, material properties, parameters, etc. between different models and being able to list them in any reports. I was not so interested in the faces/nodes for loads/constraints but the types, magnitudes, directions etc. as well as the material data so that someone can easily check the FEA model to make sure it makes sense.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report