Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nastran turns visibilty of parts on after the analysis

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
procenitelj
723 Views, 3 Replies

Nastran turns visibilty of parts on after the analysis

Hello everyone!

I have a little problem with Nastran 2020. When I set up my analysis, I go Run and after the simulation is over, Nastran turns back the visibility of parts. You can see it in the picture bellow.

procenitelj_0-1619254603164.png

I turn off the visibility of parts and after any change I make, for an example I cross from deformation results to stress results, the parts reappear, Nastran turns the visibility of parts again.

Is this a bug that is connected to the 2020 version or there is a reason why this happens?

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
John_Holtz
in reply to: procenitelj

Hi @procenitelj 

Just to clarify, are you hiding the CAD solid body, and that keeps reappearing when you change the result type? I have seen this behavior. It occurs if you hide a CAD part before displaying the results. (My guess is that Nastran simply toggles the CAD parts when it displays the results: visible parts are hidden, and hidden parts are displayed.) 

I suggest displaying all of the CAD bodies before you activate the Results contour plot. Then it should work properly.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 4
procenitelj
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hi John.

I have tried your solution, but it does not work.

Before Result Load:

procenitelj_2-1619506997164.png

After Result Load:

procenitelj_3-1619507056394.png

It even turn sketches on.

But when I go to Object Visibility and click to hide CAD Bodies, they do not appear after I switch result plots:

procenitelj_4-1619507252428.png

Is that the solution?

Message 4 of 4

I'm now on Inventor Nastran 2024.2 and it's still happening. It's infuriating how parts/assemblies that previously had their Visibility turned off keep reappearing all the time. Sometimes when this happens, the model tree browser shows the state of the item as Visibility turned off, yet the item is visible. Upon first trying to change the state - which is to turn the visibility back on, of course the item remains visible. You then have to repeat the clicks to turn the visibility off again.

The following situations are causing the hidden items to reappear:

•  Click Run and wait for the results to load.
  • Changing from one result type to another.
  • Changing Display Options, such as ticking or unticking "Specify Min/Max" contour colouring.
  • After viewing results, click Return.

The reappearing is relentless. This needs fixing.

Frank.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report