Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meshing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
245 Views, 5 Replies

Meshing

Hello everyone,

I am trying to mesh a model. I have used 20 rivets in it which are very small compared to the model. When I mesh the model, only 10 of the rivets get meshed the other 10 are not meshing. I have tried to reduce the element size of the rivets in mesh table but still no change. please anyone suggest how to get rid of it.

Thanks

Anurag

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Roelof.Feijen
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you tried the Suppress Short Features/Min Feature Angle in the Advanced Mesh Settings?

Advanced Mesh Settings.png

Edit: Can you share some screenshots or even better your model?

Roelof Feijen

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Roelof.Feijen

Hello @Roelof.Feijen ,

Thanks for your reply. Is there additional setting to suppress Short Features/Min Feature should it be zero instead of 2  

I am not much familier with the software. My settings for the unmeshed rivet looks like this.

Thanks

Anurag Tripathi

Message 4 of 6
Roelof.Feijen

Hi @Anonymous ,

I don't see a screenshot of your rivets, so it's still hard to tell what is wrong.

Try changing the Suppress Short features to zero.

Roelof Feijen

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Roelof.Feijen

Hi @Anonymous,

May have misunderstood your question, but do you need to mesh the rivets? Have you tried suppressing those items and replacing them with 'connectors' (from the 'Prepare' panel) within Nastran?

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thanks for your reply. Exactly, I want to mesh the rivets, I have tried all the possible ways mentioned in forum but still cant mesh those 10 rivets. Finally i did what you have mentioned, I have replaced the rivets with the connectors. Now its okey. 

Thank you

Anurag Tripathi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report