Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

learningbooks Nastran in Cad fatigue

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
LARA-Engineering
971 Views, 3 Replies

learningbooks Nastran in Cad fatigue

I have been working with Nastran in Cad for some time now, especially the life-time analyzes multi axial fatigue. I notice that I have more and more detailed questions that I cannot find in the tutorials or elsewhere. But these are too many to put them all on the forum.

What I really miss is a real good comprehensive learningbook. I have already ordered the well known book “Nastran in cad essential” of Ascent. But sent it back because there is not enough detailed explanation of all the possibilities and definitions of input and output etc. etc. And yes, I’m a graduated mechanical engineer with 30 years experiences strength calculations. But still, Nastran brings so many questions.

Does anyone have a good idea about a real good learning book that explains al the user details?
English language Books are no problem.

Freddy de Jong
LARA Engineering
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Freddy,

For fatigue analysis, are you familiar with the attached document? It is from the class I presented at the 2016 Autodesk University on fatigue. (The AU website also includes the sample model and the presentation slideshow.)

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 4

I've seen a short version of it from which I learned how to calculate the slope of the Sn-curve
But I had quit a view more questions.
Now I see, the attached document is some comprehensively to the first I saw.
So maybe I find some missing answers.

Its rather complex this whole fatigue thing.
In the past we just took a SN-curve, than compared the stress with the graph line, and we've got our rough lifetime, Simple as that.
Also we did for speed this rule of thumb:  static 3/3, jump 2/3 and alternating 1/3 of the yield. (infinite life including all factors)
Jep, in the earlys, it all seemed pretty simple Smiley Very Happy

Thnks for the document.
Now I dont have to bore tonight Smiley Indifferent

Freddy de Jong
LARA Engineering
Message 4 of 4

Thank you.
The attached document provides the instructions on defining the load history table in section 3 (starting p.18), that was missing at the end of the hands-on lab MFG319544-L presented by Wasim Younis in Las Vegas 2009, which can be found in the Autodesk University courses.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report