Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Nastran 2018 in Inventor 2021.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
784 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor Nastran 2018 in Inventor 2021.

Hello,
I'd like to have only one Nastran version for both SolidWorks and Inventor and since the 2018 is the last version compatible with SolidWorks I'm wondering if it is compatible with Inventor 2021.
Thanks.

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You can't use Nastran in-CAD 2018 with Inventor 2021. You have to use the same release of both. So Inventor 2021 needs Inventor Nastran 2021. If you want to stay with Nastran In-CAD 2018 you also have to stay with Inventor 2018.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Okay thanks,
and can I use the standalone Nastran 2018 with the two softwares ?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

You can use standalone Nastran 2018 and the Nastran Editor with any software, because it is standalone. But you can't use it inside the CAD software, because it is standalone. Standalone Nastran 2018 has no preprcessor and was a separate license and not part of Nastran In-CAD 2018. It is the same license since Nastran In-CAD 2019. Nastran In-CAD 2019 uses the same solver standalone and integrated. The same is with Inventor Nastran 2020 and 2021. Nastran In-CAD 2018 and standalone Nastran 2018 are different solvers.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

So the standalone Nastran 2018 isn't as integrated as the Nastran in-Cad (Inventor Nastran) in Inventor ?
PS: Sorry if I maid mistakes, english isn't my main language.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

That's right, the standalone Nastran 2018 solver is not the same as in Nastran In-CAD 2018.

BTW: I am also not a native speaker.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report