Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inertia data issue

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
gusi_cl
350 Views, 6 Replies

Inertia data issue

Hi, I'm trying to compare Inventor IFA and Inventor Nastran doing a simple flexural analysis. Using an idealization of bar, nastran recognize correctly a squared bar but give incorrect data of a aluminium customized profile.

IFA data are correct compared with the supplier's data sheet.

See .PDF attached.

Labels (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
gusi_cl
in reply to: gusi_cl

Sorry... I forget that test is performed in Inventor Nastran 2020, version 14.2.0.101

Message 3 of 7
gusi_cl

The same happen in Inventor 2022 and nastran 2022, version 16.0.0.87. I attach a pack&go in  this last version.

Message 4 of 7
John_Holtz

Interesting.

Inventor Nastran is calculating the properties for the hole in the center. (The Nastran results match the Inventor "Region Properties" for the sketch when the circular hole is selected.)

props for hole in center.png

What's the 12.25 x 12.25 square in the sketch? I did not try deleting it, but I wonder if that is causing confusion for Nastran.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 5 of 7
gusi_cl
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hi John, thank you for your answer.

I've tried with another profile and in this case the inertia properties are calculated =0!!!!

cgusi_0-1621673419437.png

Sketch contains only the area for the extrusion

cgusi_1-1621673640080.png

IFA works well....see attached file.

Can you help me?

Message 6 of 7
John_Holtz

Hi @gusi_cl 

Please try the suggestions in this article: Custom cross-sectional beam properties are zero, almost zero, not correct or T2002 error while analy....

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 7 of 7
gusi_cl
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hi John, I tried with a simplest sketch and the result is good. In the following days I'll try again set the sketch of the profiles more simpler.

Now I'm going to post another thread because I can't be able to set the inertia property Wz in custom profiles.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report