Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete/edit a material in a custom library

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
simon_trudel
609 Views, 1 Reply

How to delete/edit a material in a custom library

For now, I want to delete a custom material I've created in my custom material library. How can I do this?

At some point, I'll want to create folders of materials in my custom Nastran In-CAD library. Is there a material editor or something? What's the best way to do this?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
John_Holtz
in reply to: simon_trudel

Hi @simon_trudel

Both of your questions (deleting a material and creating folders) are done by editing the .nasmat file. The .nasmat file is a text file, so you can edit it using Notepad. (In particular, it is an "xml" format, so if you have some editor specific for xml files, that would be better.)

This article shows the overall format: Nastran In-CAD: Create a custom material library

• to delete a material, you delete all of the lines from <material name =""> through </material>.
  • to create folders, you add <classification name =""> and </classification> tags.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report