Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting E5004 Error When i increase the mesh size

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
AAlhnaity
489 Views, 5 Replies

Getting E5004 Error When i increase the mesh size

I am trying to reduce the number of element by increasing mesh size in order to  reduce loading time and switching the results, because i have a big geometry 8m Element. Could anybody help me with this?. Dose this mean by increasing the mesh size the non positive will be defined in the global matrix.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
John_Holtz
in reply to: AAlhnaity

Hi @AAlhnaity 

I think your mesh is too large relative to some feature in your model, and therefore the elements are distorted. Distorted elements can create E5004 errors.

I suggest that you right-click on "Mesh Model > Check Quality for Mesh". Then check how many elements have a Jacobian value less than 0.05. Those elements could be causing the problem. Also check for G30xx warnings that indicate the elements are distorted. 

Please see this article for some steps: How to understand geometry warnings (G30xx) in Nastran analysis.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 6
AAlhnaity
in reply to: John_Holtz

Thank you John 

A such powerful feature to check mesh quietly.  Now the only problem that I have is the simulation's time is about one hour and tow hours waiting the results. It is really annoys me and take much time. Could you please tell me any recommendation to speed up loading the results after the simulation is done apart of (set the actual deformation, free edge ..etc..). When i use probes and section view it takes more than the usual and some times it crushes. 

Message 4 of 6
AAlhnaity

Good Morning John 

As result i have a problem in the time when i load the results and switch between them, do you think if i export the Nas file to Nastran Editor, the switching between the results would be faster. I tried to do that but it says the parameter is incorrect. Any idea please 

Regards 

Message 5 of 6
John_Holtz
in reply to: AAlhnaity

Hi @AAlhnaity 

I have heard that the Nastran Editor is faster at showing the results than Inventor Nastran. I do not have any comparisons, so it will be interesting to hear your experience.

Since you already have results, you do not need to "export the Nas file"; the Nastran file (.nas) was created when you ran the analysis and still exists.

As for the message about "the parameter is incorrect", you would need to clarify what the message is, when it occurs, and what happens afterwards. I suspect it is referring to one of the Parameters that is set in either the nastran.ini file or in the model (the second branch from the end of the Inventor Nastran modeling tree). Those should only affect the actual solving which you are not doing because you already have results. All you are doing is opening the file in the Nastran Editor, then loading and viewing the results. The solver parameters have nothing to do with that.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 6 of 6
AAlhnaity

Hi John

Investigating the results and switching between displacement and stresses and set up the maximum legend in Nastran Cad takes really more than hour. I tried yesterday to visualize the results on Nastran Editor it is really much faster and i can switch between the results within maximum 2-3 min.  Yes Nas file already being generated once run the simulation.

Kindest Regards 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report