Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in Mesh.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
309 Views, 2 Replies

Bug in Mesh.

Skjermbilde 2021-04-11 200040.jpg

It is a found pipe in the model.  The screenshot is from the stress VonMises plot.  I use actual deformation (1.0).

Nastran 2020 with latest updates are used. As we see the mesh affect the result.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Roelof.Feijen
in reply to: Anonymous

Is this a statement? Do you need our help? What's the problem? Can you share the model with us for further research?

Roelof Feijen

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Roelof.Feijen

Hi.
I do not need help.
Is there a bug, then it is a bug that Autodesk should fix in the software.
And if you are aware of the bugg, then this post is of not use. May Autodesk could roll out a update.

I found out that if I made a radius or somthing connected to the surfaces that not are correct meshed, then the meshing was better in the connected surface to the radius. (Walkaround) 

My concern is whether I can trust the results that come from the software.
If there is a bug that is not fixed, what could be the consequences if the results not are correct.
If the manufactured part fails and damages people or the environment. 

Autodesk would probably not admit any software problem if somthing in the real world accoure and decisions regarding component reliability is based on wrong basis due to bugs in the software.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report