Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Torx screws in content center

Torx screws in content center

Add metric and imperial Torx screws to content center please. 

I might just not be looking hard enough, or it might be in 2015, but I can't find them. 

25 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jingyi.liu:

I added the screw sizes M2/M2.5/M3/M4/M5 to ISO 14581 according to the sizes available at  https://eu.shop.bossard.com in the following manner:

NND = Nominal Diameter ==> M Size

NLG = Nominal Length ==> From Bossard Table "L"

GEL = Thread Length ==> manual tuning

KOD = Head Diameter ==> From Bossard Table "d2,max"

KOH = Head Height ==> From Bossard Table "k,max"

STI = Groove Depth ==> From Bossard Table "t max."

GAL = Thread Run-out 45 ==> scaled with size, i.e. from M5 to M6 the values from the M6 screws is multiplied by (5/6) to generate the M5 value.

EPV = Insert-distance ==> scaled with size, i.e. from M5 to M6 the values from the M6 screws is multiplied by (5/6) to generate the M5 value.

BDM = Schank Diameter ==> from ISO Table

EO = Width Across Corner ==> From Bossard Table "A~"

SW = Width Across Flats ==> "Width Across Corner" divided by 1.4

RRK = Radius ==> scaled with size, i.e. from M5 to M6 the values from the M6 screws is multiplied by (5/6) to generate the M5 value.

R = Radius ==> because of the lack of information I just guessed this value

THREADDIA = Nominal Diameter ==> M Size

PTC = Pitch ==> from ISO Table

I'm happy to share the modified Torx Screw library file, it's available here.

Best regards

Christoph Gammeter

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2020. These screw types have been made available within the ISO content libraries. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

danmachen
Advocate

This link is dead and where is the update Autodesk?
We're moving into version 2021 now and this isn't here. Can we have these features in Inventor content center please? Its been 3 years! Can someone confirm this is available in 2020?

jingyi.liu
Alumni

@danmachen 

Yes, these contents are available in Inventor 2020. You can search ISO 14579/14580/14581/14582/14583/14584/14587 in Content Center...image.png

Valex269
Participant
Hello Jingyi, I got the: Unauthorized Sorry. You don't have permission to access this page. when I tried to follow your link. I really need a Torx library for a project I work on. Please let me know what can I do to have access. I logged on with my Autodesk account. Thank you! @Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report