Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared View for Weld Environment (can't do / weld annotations must show up)

Shared View for Weld Environment (can't do / weld annotations must show up)

In Inventor 2020.1 and prior, you DO NOT have the ability to create a shared view of a WELDED  Assembly in Inventor.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Share...

While you do have the ability to do a Shared View from Vault.

When you perform a shared view from Vault, any annotations created in the weld environment disappear from model. Although you do see annotations created outside the weld environment.

This also applies when you upload model to Fusion Team (so it appears it a limitation of the LMV).

In order for MBD to take a hold or have a future....weld annotations are in integral portion of the adoption of this technology.

This is a screen shot of the Preview of the file in Vault, a dwf and the annotations show up....Viewing in Vault, all notations are there.png

This a screen shot of the same file as a Shared View. Weld environment annotations are missing....

Shared View (Weld notes disappear).png

Best,

Steve H.

5 Comments
steveh1
Advisor

So, tried it in INV 2022...still can't. Tells you to exit environment, but when you switch to the Weld environment, there's no way of turning it off once you commit.

This needs to be fixed so we can do Shared Views from weld environment!!!!

Best,Shared Views from Weld Environment.png

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

Thanks for this idea, I vote. And I hope it will be as soon as possible. Yesterday was too late. I expect it in the 2025 version.

It is sad and embarrassing that when developing the Shared Views functionality, the programmers did not include Assembly Weldment in a supported environment. I'm sorry, but in this I see the laziness of the programmer to create this. I am outraged.

steveh1
Advisor

👍

steveh1
Advisor

FYI..

Still broke in 2023.3. Haven't tried 2024 yet.

giancarlo_rinero
Participant

2023.4.1 still broken

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report