Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redefine unresolved reference geometry

Redefine unresolved reference geometry

This idea has been posted by many people before me but here goes. Could we have a feature where unresolved reference geometry could be redefined and all of the constraints kept intact? That would save me countless hours of deleting, projecting, and re-constraining geometry after any major part alteration. 

4 Comments
bdean
Contributor

I mentioned this a few times...needs to have this similar to how Creo works.

MrSmithtastic
Advocate

Yes. It would also be nice if when something is removed or changed in a model the drawing kept the dimensions & balloons alive but made them pink to show they are broken rather than just deleting them altogether. It's waaaay too easy to miss things that have changed in a drawing when Autodesk have already decided that you don't need to know anymore.

I wish I could vote for this idea a further 100 times.

johnmondro4888
Advocate

This! Or, a tool to allow us to delete all existing projected geometry completely and then recreate what was originally projected. Cleaning up sketches after some major (even minor) geometry changes is very time consuming.

Really starting to detest the color pink 🙂

NickdeNT2EU
Contributor

The last CAD program that I used has had this feature for years. It is strange that inventor does not , considering how fragile projected geometry can be.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report