Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Presentation : Add Annotation features

Presentation : Add Annotation features

Hi,

Is it possible to  add annotation features (Callout, Label) ? 

Annotation features.png

Best regards

14 Comments
masureb
Autodesk

Totally agree, it's a must to have!

Please, implement it. Our old Inventor Publisher users are complaining about this missing feature. It was out of the box and it's a must to have for Marketing purpose...

Inventor Presentation.png

Thanks for your support

-Bertrand

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can fully second that!

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [678]. Thanks!

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Idea added to backlog for future consideration [768]. Thanks!

rbelcher
Contributor

3D Annotations in Parts and Assemblies are great.  But, we really need this capability in the Presentation environment.  The 3D Annotations in the Presentation Environment should include everything necessary to produce full component documentation, tolerances, and instructions.  This major functionality was available in Inventor Publisher, but never in the Inventor applications.  It is time to fix this gap in functionality and restore Inventor's Publishing capabilities.

Annotations Should Include Full Support for the Following

• Bill of Material / Parts List
  • Balloons
  • Weld Symbols
  • Fabrication Notes / Tolerances
  • Hole Notes
  • Leaders
  • Dimensions
  • Multiple Dimension Styles
  • Custom Symbols
  • Custom Annotation Control including Boarder and Background
  • Options to Include Links and Images in Annotations

3DA Presentation.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

As For mannuals i really like the abiliy to.

1. Ability to balloons parts and component in the inventor presentation environment.
2. Ability to section parts and component in the inventor presentation environment.
3. Ability to add bill of materials the inventor presentation environment.

With this functionality it will actually have the ability to make manuals more efficient and flexible, another benefits is it speed up the creation of drawing since snapshot that contains balloons and bill of materials can be reuse in the drawing environment.

sekrek
Participant

I don't think I've ever seen any SOP's (assembly instructions, IOM's, PM's, etc. that didn't require use of annotations!  To me this capability is a bare minimum requirement.  Publisher provided this functionality.  Not sure why Publisher was EOL'd prior to delivery of complete replacement solution. 

dewit3d
Contributor

Also totally agree. For a good presentation you need at least the dimensions, labels, text and other stuff from Inventor Publisher, and even better the list from rbelcher.

bravo03
Participant

Agree to all of the above.  Primary tools that helped us in our manual creation included...

-annotations like call outs, direction arrows

-customize the call out to show part numbers

-apply different style (outline and bold color) in same view

-format an "output frame" to preview before exporting to raster

These were huge for us.  EOLing Publisher left us significantly impaired.  A new process had to be created and 100s of graphics will need to be recreated and exported.  Currently, the output is only partially helpful.

SampleUse01.JPGSampleUse02.JPG

Jim.Swain
Advocate

I agree with Randy's comments 100%. I think that those annotations also need to be able to be animated (visibility) in the story board.

jingyi.liu
Alumni

Hello everyone

Thanks for your feedback, there are couple ideas requesting for Annotaion/callout in Inventor Presentation environment. Based on your comments, I thought you would like to show annotation in Inventor drawing, that's your purpose.  Could you help to complete below survey? We're gathering customer input on Inventor presentation, and want to better understand customer workflow and expectation.

Survey Link

Inventor Presentation Survey

Regards,

Jingyi Liu

hugo.trepanier
Advocate

Since the retirement of Inventor publisher many people need to easily document their procedures, maintenance videos with instructions etc. Inventor IPN is very good to do video instructions or maintenance. Many user now prefer videos on youtube to see "HOW TO". The bad thing is the new presentation view is not like Inventor Publisher and Autodesk absolutely need to add annotation and instructions in this mode!

Dynamic79
Explorer

What is the status of this feature? It has been 4 years since you stopped supporting Inventor Publisher and these features are required for most presentations.

m.schrepfer
Enthusiast

Inventor Publisher is out of support since release 2016!!!🙄
Autodesk has not suitable application as compensation for Inventor Publisher. Should we use Solidworks composer?🤔

We need more acitivity in this field in order to promote Inventor presentation to get this job.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report