Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametrically Linking Balloons to your Drawing Notes

Parametrically Linking Balloons to your Drawing Notes

The ability to link balloons within drawing notes and leader text. Often one refers to a ballooned item in notes. This should be parametrically linked so that if the balloon number changes the notes are updated.

Currently this is manually entered.

gbarratt_0-1692169563195.png

5 Comments
antonio_dasilva
Community Visitor

Good idea 

Hunteil
Collaborator

Great idea.

IIRC there is a way to do this... But it's complicated and I'm very foggy on it. I think it requires using fields in the sketch block (for notes) and creating a custom bubble/balloon w/an extra field. You either embed the field in iProperties or Parameters so you can reference them. But as you can detect from my theory here. It's a pain to use & muddies up those areas. We kept complaining about this same need but there's no guide on how to do it. Our complaint was about not having a qty text field next to the bubble / balloon. Maybe if the developers have mercy on us, they can tackle this problem at the same time. 🙂

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Many thanks for posting the idea, and accepted as [INVGEN-68855]

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This has been implemented in Inventor 2025, and you could access the help page for more details.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2025/ENU/?guid=GUID-D749523D-14D9-4E48-8882-CFAD7BFC9E0B

gbarratt
Explorer

Thanks guys 😊 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report