Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested Folders

Nested Folders

I would love the options to set up how Tube and Pipe, Cable and Harness and  FEA place their files.

If I created a Tube and Pipe run today it would create a series of useless folders.  For example it would first create the folder which had the update level assembly’s name, then in that folder would be a folder called AIP and then in that folder would be a Tube and Pipe folder and then in that folder would be the Run.

1.jpg

If I created a FEA I get a similar nesting folder structure to that of the Tube and Pipe.

2.jpg

For Cable and Harness, once again a repeat of Tube and Pipe and FEA folder structure.

3.jpg

What we would like to see is a folder structure more like this.

4.jpg

The benefit is that my workspace is neater and not extra folders.  Also when I submit the files to Vault, it keeps my Vault organized too.

3 Comments
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [702]. Thanks!

jfamero1
Participant

Ultimately we need this ability to be set when creating the initial deploy so it is globally standardized in Vault.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea for the Tube & Pipe environment has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2021. File Naming defaults for Tube & Pipe, Frame Generator and general assembly Mirror & Copy are available within the Application options > File tab and enable you to configure the folder structure and naming conventions as desired. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report