Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Multi-Body Parts) feature selection need show references in model tree.

(Multi-Body Parts) feature selection need show references in model tree.

When using multi body parts you can select any feature in the model tree and it will show the references in the modeling area, but if you select any feature in the modeling area doesn't show any references in the model tree. I find that a missing functionality, If you are in an assembly and you select a part it will show the references in the model tree, why are we missing the same functionality in part model?.

In multi body parts there are many option that you wont find by right clicking on the modeling area so you have to go to the modeling tree in order to get those options, and if your multi body parts have a lots of features you will have to go through the whole history tree and mouse hovering until you find the part you looking for.

I would like to be able to select a feature in the modeling area in a multi body parts and have the selection show the references in the model tree, so I just go directly where I need and go and not have to go through the history tree until I find what I am looking for. It will save a lots of time.

THANK YOU!

2 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

To select features in the graphics window and have them highlight in the feature tree - first set the selection filter (In the QAT) to 'feature selection.

The shortcut for the selection filter is SHIFT+right click.

The_Test
Advocate

Thank you Paul, That definitely help and solve my problem.

But there is one thing that bothers me, I honestly don't like the Idea of have to be changing from "Face Edge Selection" to "Feature Selection" every time I need to know where is my feature on the feature tree.

AUTODESK, If you could create a simple option just to highlight the feature in the feature tree with a simple key combination with something like "HOLD SHIFT+Left Click" on a feature to select and highlight in the feature tree, that will make it much better. Basically a key combination that could trigger "Feature Selection" temporary without completely switch it, just so we could select a feature and know where is it in the feature tree.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report