Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure Loop in 3-D sketch

Measure Loop in 3-D sketch

I'm not suggesting a new idea, but rather bring back the old proven measurement tool. I see no solution in the new measurement tool for selecting the overall length of a loop in a 3-D sketch which is comprised of a combination of many line segments and splines. If it's not broke don't fix it. I believe this new inspect measurement tool is broken.

5 Comments
JBerns
Advisor

Bob,

Hover the cursor over the loop and then select Select Other from the context menu. This should select the loop of lines and splines in the 3D sketch. You can also use keyboard shortcut CTRL+A to select the loop.

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Jerry

designbob
Participant

Jerry,

That works. Thanks for the help. I guess it's not broken after all.

Discussion_Ad
Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Anonymous
Not applicable

Doesnt seem to work for me. Select other alternates between edges, edge points and mid points. Selecting a face seems to show a total loop, but it's clearly not the value I'm looking for. CTRL-A doesnt do anything.

The feature in question is a non circular o-ring groove in a flat plate that will be squeezed by bolting a second plate on top. I need to know the length of the inside edge of the groove to find an o-ring that will fit. It was very easy in previous versions of inventor.

Anonymous
Not applicable

edit: I can select a loop if opening the part individually, but not while measuring from within an assembly. Why in the world did you have to go and mess with a simple, effective tool?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report