Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete documentation on GraphicsNode in API

Incomplete documentation on GraphicsNode in API

I've noticed that the 2019 (and 2018) inventor api documentation for graphics node is missing the SliceGraphics method documentation http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2019/ENU/?guid=GUID-8BA2FD58-53D1-402D-8448-A7FAACD09647 several properties within the class reference slicing but the method is missing. The method is used in this example http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2019/ENU/?guid=GUID-44DF208E-0476-4435-B9E1-C4FFFAA2F7B0. Has the command be assigned to a new class or removed all together? If it has then the samples should be updated.  

4 Comments
YuhanZhang
Autodesk

Thanks to report this, the GraphicsNode.SliceGraphics was hidden since Inventor 2016, so the VBA sample should also be removed, I will update it for next release(Inventor 2021).

dylanTEV9W
Advocate

Thanks for clarifying that its now hidden and for updating the documentation. Does that mean that slice GraphicsNode.SliceGraphics has not been accessible since 2016? If so did any other newer addition(s) to the API replace some or all of that functionality. I'm relatively new to the Inventor API so things like that might be obvious to others are a total mystery to me.

YuhanZhang
Autodesk

The GraphicsNode.SliceGraphics was hidden because its third argument is RenderStyle which was replaced by the appearance Asset API, seems we have not a new API method to replace the SliceGraphics, I will log a wish to deal with this. But even the GraphicsNode.SliceGraphics is hidden now it is still accessible, you can still use it like before. In VBA Editor, use F2 to view the Object Browser window, right click and choose Show Hidden Members you can see the hidden APIs.

dylanTEV9W
Advocate

Okay I was worried that SliceGraphics would become unavailable with nothing to replace it. Glad to hear that is not the case. Thank you for logging a wish for an updated API command to replace SliceGraphics.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report