Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having the ability to apply iProperties to individual solid bodies with a single part

Having the ability to apply iProperties to individual solid bodies with a single part

Something HUGE would be having the ability to create a multi-solid bodies part where the user would have the same iProperties "fields/options" for each individual solid bodies as there is for the part itself.

This way when a multi-body part is placed in a drawing and call outs or leaders are attached to individual solid bodies within a part file, that solids unique data, parameters (part or user), or equations could be accessed in the text fields.

1 Comment
JPooreZVR5H
Observer

I was coming on here to submit the same suggestion/idea. It is not a new idea because I have been wanting this for dare I say over a decade and still waiting. I want the ability to create a top down multi solid body model and apply iproperties to the solid bodies, and then have the option in drawings to select the solid body from a drop down list. I want solid bodies treated as parts. I would prefer to NOT have to make components and have all of these files. It is extra work and should be unnecessary. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report