Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ground Component at Origin After Placing in Assembly

Ground Component at Origin After Placing in Assembly

When you originally place a component into an assembly, it gives option for "Ground at Origin" but once the component has been placed, you can ground it where it sits but not ground it at the Origin. It would be really convenient to have this option for components that are already in an assembly, especially when the grounded-at-origin part has been deleted, without having to delete and place them again. (Included picture shows the options list I get *after* a component has been placed into an assembly, no Ground at Origin option, can only ground in place.)Ground_at_Origin_LI.jpg

4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like this is what you are looking for. Let me know if it works for you.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

This does move the component to the origin, thank you, I didn't realize this option could be used for current components.  Is there a way for it to not suppress my other constraints though?  I'd like to be able to ground to the origin, and keep my other constraints so everything else moves about that part, rather than having to redo all the constraints.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

@Anonymous,

I am marking this as implemented, as the function is already there.  As for your second question, I suggest you take a look at some of the conversations surrounding this workflow need within our alpha/beta community.  Here is an invite, if you are not already a member.  Beta invite  I think you will like what you see.  🙂  -Dan

daniel2VS3C
Observer

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there a way for it to not suppress my other constraints though?

You can select all the suppressed constrains (select first on, hold shift, select last one) and then right-click and uncheck "Suppress" - all relationships are then restored. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report