Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing State

Drawing State

As in model states in the modelling environment have drawing states in the drawing environment.  That way multiple drawing states can be in the same file i.e. manufacturing stages, different drawing title blocks, parts with different colours etc etc.

4 Comments

This is all possible and this is one of the uses of model states.
The drawing is only a derivative of the model - converting solids into 2D curves.

RajSchmidt
Advisor

I believe what @philipfreeman  is looking for is to use different title blocks, styles, norms, etc. on different sheets. And yes, you can do that already. Although I admit that the handling of styles could be made easier.

philipfreeman
Contributor

@RajSchmidt , you are on my intended track.  I am referencing the need to have multiple drawing files for the same model, that is ultimately hard work, plus vault doesn't copy multiple drawing files for a model instance. 

Often it maybe necessary to have different revisions, different title blocks etc etc etc all with the same dimensions or different dimensions/notes etc etc but there are slight differences required as per each drawing, it can be driven by the use of model states as an example - client drawings, internal drawings, supplier drawings etc.

RajSchmidt
Advisor

Good morning @philipfreeman ! Vault should actually pose no problem, you can copy a model with multiple drawings. However, you have to switch off the option to “Link Drawings with Models”. Otherwise you run into an error. And forget the notion that models and drawings have the same filename/number. Then everything works fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report