Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting redundant constraints when the component is grounded with Ground & Root

Deleting redundant constraints when the component is grounded with Ground & Root

I would like to be able to delete the redundant constraints when I grounding a component. Currently, I will need to turn on constraint redundancy analysis after I ground the component. (submitted on behalf of Robert Singlehurst)

Thanks!

6 Comments
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [US-173916]. Thanks!

johnsonshiue
Community Manager
This idea is specifically about "Ground and Root" command in Productivity tab. The user would like to remove the three redundant flush constraints created by the command.
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2018.2. Multiple components can now be selected to participate in a ground & root operation. Additionally you are now presented with explicit control over three separate options; 1) Ground at origin, 2) Create origin flush constraints & 3) Re-position as the first browser node. Enabling all three options presents you with legacy behavior. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

jeanie.wayker
Alumni

See here for more info: What's New 2018.2

Justin.Williams
Enthusiast

I often times ground and root components, but just as often I want to constrain a part already in my assembly to the origin of another part. I know we already have the ability to PLACE a part at a component origin, but I wish there was a way to easily constrain a component already in the assembly to another components origin. 

Not sure if this is best as another tool or not, but I sure wish I could do it!

dan_szymanski
Autodesk

Hello @Justin.Williams,

I would suggest you author a new Idea on the Inventor Ideas forum per your additional request.  Perhaps there are others who also need this behavior, or who can share workarounds that they employ.  Thanks -Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report