Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customized menu

customized menu

I´ve been working with Autocad for 25 years. Customizing the menu was very helpful to improve my workflow.

By compressing only the commands that I used frequently in an arrangement that made sense to me,

I was able to work very fast and efficient.

Now working with Inventor, I would like more ways to customize the menu bar!

Most important: I know that there is a way to add commands to existing tabs, but I´d like to create new tabs !

2 Comments
doug.johnston
Advocate

+1 

I would also like to have the custom "User Commands" that I have created show up on ALL tabs,  not just tabs I have created it on (example: IDW template shows User Commands on "Place Views" tab, but not on the "Annotate" tab)

jtylerbc
Mentor

@doug.johnston, That's both a good and bad thing, depending on exactly what an individual user wants.  Where I work, we use it on purpose to divide up our VBA macros onto the tabs where they make the most sense.  For example, all annotation-related macros are shown on the user panel of the Annotate tab, but something else takes their place on the Get Started tab.

It is a nuisance if there is something you want to appear consistently across multiple tabs, though.  

There are reasons for both, so if your request were implemented, it should be some sort of option, not mandatory.  That way it won't interfere with users that take advantage of the current behavior to organize their custom commands logically.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report