Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom BOM lists with filters

Custom BOM lists with filters

Allow us to create custom filtered Bill of Materials (BOM) lists which can be filtered by View Reps, iProperties, BOM structure, quantity, Item # range, maybe even bounding box size, mass, etc. These can be used to make BOM lists for parts from certain vendors, specific assembly stages, already-purchased vs. still-required parts, or any other desired distinguishing property.

These can then be numbered with Item numbers per-list so that any drawings with these BOM lists will have Item #’s that make sense (rather than starting from a random number and/or skipping around because the Item #'s were pulled from the Structured or Parts Only lists).

We could even gray out specific rows to be hidden in any Parts Lists created from the custom BOM list.

A lot of this can be done now with Parts Lists, but then all of that fine-tuning is tied to a single specific Parts List in a single specific Drawing, and not to the Assembly itself. This means future Parts Lists made from the Assembly won't inherit the careful setup. It also means we cannot work with these conveniently-filtered lists when using the BOM editor. Incorporating filtering and item re-numbering into the BOM editor itself would be much more convenient and robust.

5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a great idea. Some of this assembly model-based filtering can be performed with the View Rep Hero app on the app store. It creates auto-update filters based on iproperty values, which can then be applied to parts lists in drawings.

https://apps.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/Detail/HelpDoc?appId=6357391234586136117&appLang=en&os=Win64

Luke

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re-learning Inventor after leaving in 2009 I would have thought this would be there by now! Custom BOM views would be great for validating data in a large BOM with many columns. I'd like to add the ability to hide columns in saved (filtered) BOM views.

llorden4
Collaborator

A MUCH needed feature!!!!  We want to create Master part lists that separate items by packing lists, (crated, shipped loose, etc) and the ability to sort by any available BOM field(s) is greatly desired!  We have it in AutoCAD Mechanical, there's a workflow to follow there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This would be great. I need to be able to filter BOM Structures like Normal Vs. Purchased for production reasons.

I'm not sure if this is what I'm thinking but it would be great if we could use filter columns like Excel in the BOM (via the assembly).

Sometimes I would like to view items that contain a specific value like the supplier and hide others.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report