Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy All Custom iProperties From Model To Drawing (Option)

Copy All Custom iProperties From Model To Drawing (Option)

Requested Ability:  Add an 'option' that we can enable to the drawing document settings to automatically copy all custom iProperties from 'the model' to the drawing.

When we have a drawing (or drawing template) open, we can go to the Tools tab, Options panel, and click the Document Settings tool to open that dialog.  Then on the Drawing tab of that dialog, we can click the 'Copy Model iProperty Settings...' button, to open that dialog, like so.

WCrihfield_0-1691780279600.png

Within that dialog, we currently have the ability to automatically have some, or all iProperties copied from 'the model' to the drawing.  I want an additional checkbox control added to this dialog, that will designate that I want all custom iProperties copied from 'the model' to the drawing.

WCrihfield_1-1691780425303.png

I do not want to copy all 'standard' iProperties from the model to the drawing, just the specific ones I selected.  But copying all of the custom iProperties from the model to the drawing will not hurt anything, and would make many things sooooo much easier.  The drawing template document does not know what specific custom iProperties may be present/available within a future model document that I may create a drawing view of, therefore there is no way to specify specific ones ahead of time within the template drawing.  I used to use VBA macros, then have been using  iLogic rules and Event Triggers to accomplish this functionality for years, but it is time to fix this situation.  Please add this additional optional control to this dialog, and support its functionality.  This should not be that difficult to implement, since fairly simple iLogic code can do it.

3 Comments
Frodl
Advocate

Yes, I think that will be a good thing.

mikeh3
Collaborator

I agree 100%.  Should fall under JDI.  Something that's been lacking forever.  As mentioned the issue is when a new custom iprop is created and we need it added to the IDW to harvest it.  This should just be meta data, so I don't think it will influence file size or processing speeds.  iProperties is one of the core features of Inventor that get driven all the way up the manf process and systems, so it should be built into the product.

Thanks!

Mike

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

It has been implemented in Inventor 2024.1, and you can get more details in https://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-D0010268-4206-498E-879A-1C4FB01C35A7

Many thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report