Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraint using last applied characteristics

Constraint using last applied characteristics

With 2019 I see that when I make a flush constraint and then close the constraint box, then later open the constraint box it is still on the Flush constraint rather than defaulting back to the mate constraint. I'm sure this is helpful in some ways to people but it's more tedious in some ways for others as well. On say the flush constraint I can't select axial features such as axles, circles, cylinders,etc that would automatically give me a concentric constraint. Instead I have to click back to mate and then select my features. It's like what is better, having a set spot on a workbench for a tool or just setting the tool down wherever you use it last? Well when you use 15 tools on a project remembering where each one is is fairly difficult unless you know where each one is because you put your tools up whenever you're finished. Again that way of working may benefit some because they only use one tool/constraint, but also may be a hindrance to some that use many tools/constraints. Please look at adding a checkbox to turn this feature on or off within the constraint pop up box itself.

1 Comment
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was apparently implemented off the back of another idea some time ago, and it's been driving me insane. Supposedly there is logic to it, but I don't see how suddenly changing a behaviour that people have been getting used to for years is a good idea.

Like a lot of these "improvements", it would be nice to have the option to turn them off.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report