Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colored Axis for XYZ in 2D Sketches

Colored Axis for XYZ in 2D Sketches

I would like to have the option to have colored lines for each Axis when doing 2D-sketches like you have in Fusion 360 for example. I have issues with fully constrained lines being black also and the major lines for the axis also being black hides them.

Having the option to have numbers in the grid would also be nice to have.

See attached pictures for examples

4 Comments
DRoam
Mentor

I agree with your suggestion. In the meantime, I have my sketch options configured to show the "Coordinate System indicator" (triad) but hide the Axis lines. This allows me to more easily see which direction is X (horizontal) and which is Y (vertical), but also keeps the axis lines out of the way. Here's where to change those settings:

Tools --> Application Options --> Sketch Tab --> Display area:

• UN-check "Axes"
  • CHECK "Coordinate system indicator"

Sketch CS.png

janelson33
Advocate

This would be nice, especially if 2020 hasn't adopted what I've asked here.

Brodholm
Enthusiast

@DRoam This is the exact work around I am using right now. It works but it is still a compromise. 

Inventor got quite a few of these small UI things that fusion have improved on that should be implemented at least as an option.

Things like pre-highlighting of a closed loop/area in the sketch environment. Sometimes you exit the sketch and you cant extrude since it is not closed at some place. Having that as an option or just enabled while holding a hotkey like shift or ctrl in the sketch environment would be really nice.

andrewdroth
Advisor

Something about the new 'Light Theme' in 2020 makes this more necessary. Maybe because the fully constrained color is black?

IDK the axis lines seem thicker and more obtrusive. I'd love the Fusion 360 style axis.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report