Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collaborative Design

Collaborative Design

Good afternoon, for our company, the question arose of how 5 people can simultaneously design one project and save it. Unfortunately, I could not find this function in your program, is it in the future? or is it already there? or is it being developed?

We have used in the project more than 10 thousand parts. And at the moment we are doing the project on different computers. It is not very convenient to transfer assemblies from a computer to a company server.

Maybe you can solve our problem?

2 Comments
swalton
Mentor

We tend to use Vault for this type of work.  

Set up a central server, store the design files in Vault.  Each user downloads the latest design files to their workstation, gets edit permissions from the Vault server for specific files (which prevents other users from editing those files), and makes the design updates.  When done, the user uploads the changes to Vault, and other users can pull them down to their local workstation.

If not using Vault, store the files on a central file server and communicate carefully about who can edit which files.

I'm not speaking for Autodesk, but I don't expect any solution besides Vault for collaborative work in Inventor.

ChrisMitchell01
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Yes, Vault is the solution to enable collaborative/team design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report