Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better Performance for many Holes

Better Performance for many Holes

If a Part have moore than 2000 Holes, Inventor is getting very slow.

But this is a thing we always use.

please give Inventor more performance for Parts or Assembly with lots of Holes!

Merci!

5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi licences, 

Did you thought of using Representations? Details can be switched off for saving core and videoboard capacity. Holes festures (if no constraints attached to these holes) can be switched off.

On drawings make sure a view is linked and in assemblies the option 'associative'. 

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk

@licenses , thanks to post this idea here! What release of Inventor you are using now? Besides the large amount of holes, what about the complexity of the part or assembly?

licenses
Contributor

Hi Guys,

I'm using Inventor 2019. I have talk already with the Autodesk Support, thats why I post it here.

We construct condensate preheater and need the most of the holes for constructing.

My problem is the preheater has 100 000 holes and 50 000 pipes.

i can suppress some holes, but sometimes i need to activate it for the construction and than i have to wait over 10 minutes.

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk

@licenses , many thanks for the quick response! These details are helpful for us. Are you using Inventor Tube & Pipe for pipes creation for holes? If possible, could you send me a typical dataset using email: river-yijiang.cai@autodesk.com?

licenses
Contributor

Hi, Yijiang,

in this case we don't use the Tube & Pipes funktion. We use Tubes of our Content center.

Can you open a Support Case? because the Files are too big to send. If you can open a Supportcase, i can uploaded it for you.

big thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report