Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balloon Source File

Balloon Source File

Would be advantageous to be able to select the 'source file' for ballooning, in the same way you can slecet the 'source file' for a parts list. And possibly have a drop down list in balloon editing box where you could pick which sub assembly you want to balloon numbered from.

3 Comments
rkeller
Enthusiast

Daniel,

Great idea!  The work around I've used has been to change part numbers in the Bill of Materials and assign the number as a custom iProperty then make a symbol that will access the customer iProperty.  And the last way I've done it is to use LOD to keep all the parts working on the same BOM.

Your suggestion could be a big help.

DANIEL.DELANEY
Advocate

Hi rkeller,

Yes ive done a similar work-around, by renumbering all components in the BOM, copying 'ITEM' numbers to a custom property: 'ITEM.', then linking the ballon source to my custom property.

When doing a structured numbering sequence though, I end up with a lot of suffixes, which dont look that nice. Also I am unable to renumber i-parts in my BOM, as they are locked (even though I created them). This means they have to be done manually.

Obviously this is not much fun in a large assembly.

Hopefully we get an upgrade at work soon from 2014, then ill be able to use 'design view reps' for ommiting components from larger assemblies on the 2D sheet.

Then there is still the problem that parts lists are linked between sheets, so when you expand one to add detail, it expands all the others....but thats for another forum.

Reagrds,

Daniel

filippo.toniello
Enthusiast

i'm fighting with this limitation, it'frustating

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report