Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Complete Inventor Parameter Entry in Feature Commands

Auto Complete Inventor Parameter Entry in Feature Commands

All,

When I work in Inventor I often set up a good list of parameters and even create template files with parameters pre-built into them.  Then I use them all over the place to create different features, or build little equations to create features.  Currently, I have to type out the entire name in the dialog box (say for the extrusion length) or click on the arrow to list the parameters.  I would like to see an option to have Inventor Auto Complete the parameter name for me (possibly using the Space Bar to jump out of Auto Complete), similar to what can be done with the AutoCAD Command Line.  Maybe a silly idea, but could save some time searching for named parameters.  Let me know what you think and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

2 Comments
DRoam
Mentor

This is a duplicate of the following idea: Parameter suggestion dropdown or side menu. This one (the one I've linked to) is older and has a good mock-up screenshot. Please cast kudos for it as well.

petestrycharske
Advisor

I voted for the one that you suggested.  I try to search for these ideas before I post, but must not have gotten the keywords right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report