Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach Notes to Drawing View

Attach Notes to Drawing View

Sometimes you have to add free-standing notes to a drawing, i.e. without a leader or underlining. But you still need to fix the location with reference to a view.

It would be nice if we could attach a note to geometry, the same way we can attach detail views.

RajSchmidt_0-1702483790104.png

4 Comments
SReitberger
Contributor

This is a good idea.

A little workaround until it´s implemented: Use a leader note, attached to an edge in the first step. Then remove the leader. This gives you a text that is attached to the view.

As the previous speaker mentioned, plus the second option - create a sketch associated with the view and enter text in it.

swalton
Mentor

I'd like to extend this idea: any annotation, sketch object, drawing view, revision tag, etc.  should allow attachment to a drawing view.   I want any annotation to follow the source object when I change scale or drag it to a new position in the drawing boarder.

RajSchmidt
Advisor

Thank you for your comments!

@SReitberger@kacper.suchomski: Yes, there are some workarounds. However, if you hide/delete the leader, you will still have your text underlined. And if you use a sketch, you can’t grab parameters, only iProperties.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report