Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrayed Printing

Arrayed Printing

I have a plotter printing 1189mm bond paper. 

When I print A3 format multiple sheets the plotter will take the height of the drawing paper format (A3 =297x420mm) and make a strip 297x1189mm for each sheet I print. 

This leaves me with a strip 297x796mm of waste paper for each sheet. This waste could easily be used to print a second A3 drawing. 

Arrayed printing as I have called it could also be used for diversified paper size printing. A1+A2+A2, A1+A2+A3+A3 and so on 

In AutoCAD we used to put to drawings side by side and "print as one" to utilize the paper better. 

This is a chance for Autodesk to reduce its indirect carbon footprint, grab it! 

a-series-paper-sizes-1dwg.jpg

4 Comments
dgorsman
Consultant

Many large format printers include nesting options for multiple sheets.  Normally not an issue because standard drawings are typically D/A1 or E/A0, while 11x17s are printed half-size on regular office printers.

But given the option (green or otherwise), I would be printing it as 2D PDF rather than a hard copy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi dgorsman, the plotter that I have has plotting options (software), but you have to add the files to a plotting list by selecting them  from browser. but this only supports image files. 

converting and making a plot is to time consuming.

and you have the added risk of ploting a "old" drawing sinse you have a "dead" image file of that drawing.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so.
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report