Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add ASME Y14.5-2009 as an option

Add ASME Y14.5-2009 as an option

It has been fifteen years since ASME Y14.5M-1994 was REPLACED with ASME Y14.5-2009 and it still isn't available in Inventor!

I'm not asking for version 1994 to be removed, but merely that the CURRENT standard version 2009 be ADDED to Inventor, please.

12 Comments
LT.Rusty
Advisor

One minor note ... it hasn't been fifteen years since 14.5M-1994 was replaced by -2009.  It's been 3.5 years, unless we've somehow teleported into 2024 and nobody told me about it ...

kstate92
Collaborator

I meant: 2009 - 1994 =15 years.

gomanual
Explorer

Yep; I need this.  We no longer use the 20 year old standard.  Come on Autodesk; you've had 5 years now.  Add the symbols I need.  And while you're at it, include ASME Y14.41-2003.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello AD Development,

I am in total agreement with everyone on the ASME Y 14.5 2009 issue. I cannot understand why something that is darn hear 20 years behind the currently accepted Engineering,Drafting Standards and practices being used today, is frankly ridiculous!. This is an engineering product, and part of that process still is creating documentation (believe it or not)  that is up to current industry standards and practices, so it should be in the product, and time should be allocated from development to update the standards, don't really need Water color or Black and white artist rendering backgrounds in the application. I would bet that everyone on the community would agree with me. Having been part of the Autodesk Inventor Application team, this should be a simple fix for the world wide development centers of Autodesk to accomplish. Get a college kid or something during the summer break to program it up, come on... 

The General...

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2016. Special thanks to the author of this Idea and likewise to everyone who cast your Kudo for it.

RebekahSlyter
Explorer

My company has checked our 2016 seat of Inventor and we do not see that ASME Y14.5 2009 has actually been added. Could you verify that this is added to 2016 and if not I would request that it be added as soon as possible to the next version.

patrickberry
Enthusiast

I just checked 2016 and was confused. The "comments" box is still calling out the '94 standard, but it appears that the new symbols have been added. Looks like a small oversight.

Feature Control Frame Screen Capture.jpg

patrickberry
Enthusiast

In looking at this more closely it appears that only SOME of the new symbols have been added but not ALL of them.  For example, "Continuous Feature" has been added, but not "Spot Face".  Some can be created manually, but others will be very difficult.  Based on previous feedback this was all supposed to be added for 2016.  Here is a list of all the new symbols that need to be added.  

GDT 2009 New Symbols.jpg

dan_szymanski
Autodesk

Hello,

Not all of the updated symbols for ASME Y14.5 2009 were made available within the Styles & Standards for the 2016 release.  Some symbology updates were made within the insert symbol area and can be inserted / leveraged within a variety of annotations (text, FCFs and edited dimensions).

symbols.png

Regards,

Dan

markheppner
Participant

Will all the new 2009 symbols be available in Inventor 2017?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Development, Dan amd others

Excellent, gald to read about the 2017, and the fix's to 2016, Thanks Team.

Mike B

stormarx
Participant
 @dan_szymanski 
I need to refer 1994 standard is mine drawings because of your software.

ASME Y14.5M-2018 is on the road. Just fix this! Clients are not ok with 1994 technologies!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report