Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to read-in CATIA PMI/MBD

Ability to read-in CATIA PMI/MBD

Hello,

Customers in my region, an aerospace hub, would love for AnyCAD to be able to read not only CATIA parts and assemblies (which is does very well!), but also embedded 3-D annotations in CATIA files (i.e., "product-manufacturing information" / "model-based definition"). Indeed, it is common for aerospace companies to use MBD to communicate critical dimensions, tolerances, and instructions to its suppliers. Our customers and potential customers ("win in the machine shop" initiative) working in the supply chain of such companies are required to buy a seat of CATIA or a translator like Capvidia in order to fulfill their contractual obligations.

I understand that this is rather niche and that finding how to access CATIA MBD might be a lot of work. The good news is that with the Delcam acquisition, Autodesk already has this technology. Indeed, Powermill CAM can read CATIA MBD.

Could someone look into the feasibility of porting this technology over to Inventor?

(Note that proper MBD translation must conserve views and view hierarchy, and be able to access MBD-based geometry overlays such as hatching representing paint masking zones).

Thank you! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report