Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 UI - Representations (View & LOD)

2018 UI - Representations (View & LOD)

Inventor 2018 allows us to customize the UI in quite a few new ways. I noticed we can how have seperate tabs for vault, model, favorites, and representations. The representations tab would be a lot more useful if the representations tab included "View" and "Level of Detail" along with Positional. Then we could have a static representation area while being able to collapse all on the model browser and still select views and level of detail, currently we can only do this with 1/3 of the representation types.

7 Comments
CoryMarcusAllen
Observer
I could not agree more. In my workplace, position reps are by far the least used. It makes this tab virtually useless. missed opportunity!
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 Dockable panels, for Representation (existing), LOD, and Views are frequenty asked in my company. Very good Idea, thanks for posting 😉

Kay_Rethmeier
Advocate

Hi Autodesk,

I guess in 80% of all assemblies there are more than the standard design views Master and Standard. But only in a few assemblies there are positional views. But there is this tab Representations, that is for "nothing"... Why aren't the design views not listed here as well? Switching between different views could be very easy having a separate browser for it. Currently I have to scroll up and down and up and down, expand and collapse and expand and collapse, it is so annoying and time consuming....

KayRethmeier_0-1680762218894.png

Thanks!

Cheers,

Kay

frank.gavilar
Advocate

I would like to have a tab for models states and a tab for origin next to the model browser. This would greatly reduce scrolling in the model browser.

While working on assemblies with a lot of parts and model states adding a new part will lead to a scroll fest of enormous proportions. Open an existing models states, scroll down, unsuppres the new part and unsuppres it's mates. Scroll back up select the next model state repeat.

Inventor tabbed model states and origin.png

I have made a small mock-up what this would look like.

I would also like the origin to have it's own tab as well. This would also limit scrolling during large assembly work.

Tags (3)
StKrause
Contributor

Or let the user split the browser in 2 separate scrolling blocks:

StKrause_0-1696255758461.png

frank.gavilar
Advocate

@StKrause that is also a good option.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report