Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong connection with assembly

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
582 Views, 5 Replies

Wrong connection with assembly

Hello everybody,

This is my first post on this forum, so i hope i'm doing his the right way.

In a Assembly that i want to check in to Vault including children there is a assembly who isn't actually there.

See screenshots:

The model browser shows which sub-assembly's are inside this assembly.

(This is the actual right situation.)

daanspruijtJE68B_0-1608301139723.png

The Vault browser says there's a extra assembly, but it actually isn't.

daanspruijtJE68B_1-1608301321010.png

Can somebody tell me how to delete this T29 sub-assembly from this assembly?

For now Thank You!

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CGBenner
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Welcome to the forum!  Your post looks great to me!  You included images, and described your problem nicely.  The only thing I might add is the version of the software that you are using.  Sometimes that helps us to figure out what is going on.

So,... I'm Chris, the Community Manager for Product Design & Manufacturing.  I monitor this forum as well as Vault, Fusion and several others.  If you need help with anything Community related, @tag me like I did with your name at the top of this post.  You can do that with any username to get their attention.

On this question:  Is the T29 subb-assembly embedded in anyway in one of your other sub-assemblies?  Can you look at this assembly in your Vault browser, and see if it shows up in the "Uses" tab?  Also, in Inventor, on the Vault tab like in your second image, select the sub-assembly, right mouse click and choose Find in Window,... see where that takes you.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

To add onto what Chris said, if the assembly was already checked into Vault with T29 in it and then T29 got deleted from the assembly, Vault will remember that. One of the perks of Vault is it remembers that history, one of the bummers is also that it remembers that history. 

Message 4 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! This behavior may not be Vault related. I believe if you unload Vault Add-In, the same behavior should be there. Two possibilities. 1) The assembly has a substitute LOD referencing the ghost subassembly. 2) There is a corrupted reference.

If possible, please share the files here. Forum experts can help take a look and understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: CGBenner

@CGBenner Thank you for the reply,

The T29 file is not referenced in another file, double checked in Vault.

If i click find in window on the T29 file nothing happens.

fyi: We are using Inventor Professional 2021.

Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! Like I mentioned earlier, the iam file is probably corrupted. To get rid of the corruption, you may need to select the components within the assembly and demote them to a new subassembly. Use this new subassembly instead. The issue here is that the iProperties and other attributes within the old assembly may not carry over. You will need to add them back manually.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report