Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workstation for inventor 2024. CPU / GPU - PreBuild or custom build

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Remy-intl
220 Views, 1 Reply

Workstation for inventor 2024. CPU / GPU - PreBuild or custom build

Hello,

I plan to change the workstations of the office.

Actually we work on:

HP Z4 G4 

Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2125 CPU 4.00GHz->4.5 GHz

64,0 Go RAM DDR4 ECC

NVidia Quadro P4000.

At your next contract change we are going to switch from 2021 PDMC  to 2024 PDMC.

We work on inventor for big assembly (25000/30000 occurancy - 3000/4000 documents).

We do some FEA / Sims / 3D modelisations / drawing....

I have been working on Xeons for 10 years.

I am happy with the stability and durability of the xeons but given the current price, I wonder if we won't upgrade to the i9 13900K/14900K?

Does anyone works with the same kind of workflow  (25000/30000 occurancy - 3000/4000 documents - FEA / Sims / 3D modelisations / drawing....) with i9?

For the next machines I am thinking of taking custom builds

13900K/14900K

64Gb ram DDR5 (maybe 128 but I see there is some issues now)

Nvidia RTX A4000 ada generation or A4500.

The machine will cost around 3/4k eatch.

But witch durability can I expect from custopm build?

Is it better to buy a HP prebuild i9?

Thanks for your time.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pball
in reply to: Remy-intl

We've been building our machines for the last 10 years or so and the only issue I've seen is a cheap no name power supply burning out an ssd. Besides that PC which was built by a temp IT guy, we use good name brand components with zero issues. If budget is a concern get the fastest single threaded performance CPU and any graphics card. The Invmark benchmark leader board linked below shows the fastest Inventor systems people have tested. If you and your company have no issues with dealing with building and possibly fixing a custom PC, then they are usually a better option for cost and getting exactly the specs you want. Most workstation configured PCs I've looked at don't have many options for non xeon CPUs and non workstation graphics cards.

https://invmark.cadac.com/#/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report