Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
791 Views, 11 Replies

White

Hi,

How do i make an object the Color "White"...I select White from color list but it is more Grey then White...same for Snow etc..etc..

Regards,

Richard

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

See @mflayler response (or solution) in this posting.  Update:  Other suggestions are there as well so review them as well.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thanks Mark

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Ok i make the part White but it does not update that part color in the Assembly. Can this be done?

Thanks

Message 5 of 12
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok i make the part White but it does not update that part color in the Assembly. Can this be done?

Thanks

So you opened the part and then modified the color there right? 

Now you need to "save" the new "White" to your style library and then "update" the styles in the assembly to pull in the new color modifications..

"save" and "update" are on the "Manage" tab in the "Styles and Standard" pane.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks

I am unable to get the INV2013 .ipt style to update in the assembly. It is White as an .ipt but i cannot get the Assembly to update. I hit the update button on the "Manage" tab in the "Styles and Standard" (save greyed out - not selectable) ....It is something i presume i am not doing....what else can i check?

Thanks

Message 7 of 12
SBix26

Lighting styles?

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2017 R2
Vault Basic 2017
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
Inventor Certified Professional

Message 8 of 12
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks

I am unable to get the INV2013 .ipt style to update in the assembly. It is White as an .ipt but i cannot get the Assembly to update. I hit the update button on the "Manage" tab in the "Styles and Standard" (save greyed out - not selectable) ....It is something i presume i am not doing....what else can i check?

Thanks

Is the style library set to read/write in your project file?

stylelibrary.PNG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

I have set to Read-Write

Now the assembly has the White .ipt. This is now working fine for this assembly but when i go to place this assembly into another assembly the Styles does not show...what is the next step please

Thanks

Message 10 of 12
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

I have set to Read-Write

Now the assembly has the White .ipt. This is now working fine for this assembly but when i go to place this assembly into another assembly the Styles does not show...what is the next step please

Thanks

Is that a new or existing assembly you are trying to place the assembly into?

Is there a local appearance of white in that assembly?

Use the update button in style/standard pane of the manage ribbon again in that assembly..

Then you can also open your iam template and use the update button there to ensure the updates are there for new assemblies..

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks. Got this to work

When i go the Studio the Style is again not showing for rendered image. Do i need to add for Studio?

Thanks

Message 12 of 12
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. Got this to work

When i go the Studio the Style is again not showing for rendered image. Do i need to add for Studio?

Thanks

No.. BUT studio is using a different lighting style which again will effect the color.. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report