Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I see which geometries are selected in a relationship

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
pablo.ortizQHZ9V
310 Views, 3 Replies

Where can I see which geometries are selected in a relationship

In troubleshooting an error, I see a mate relationship between two work points of different bodies.

I want to know what these points are and where they are defined in each part, but I can't. When I go to Edit Constraint, there is no information on what these selections are, only the ability to overwrite them. I know that when I have the Edit Constraint window open, the selections get highlighted in the work tree in blue for me to identify, but it is hard to find if one of them is burried within some subassembly. I know they also are highlighted in the model but their names are not displayed in the case of workpoints, and because I'm selecting two work points, it's impossible to distinguish between the two that are getting mated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

If you right click on the assembly constraint, in the browser, and select "Isolate Components" you will only see the two components that share the assembly constraint.  After you are finished, right click anywhere on the graphic window and choose "Undo Isolate".

Isolate Components.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4

This definitely helps! Although it still doesn't tell you clearly which features of each component are the ones selected in the constraint, but it makes it much easier to identify.

Thank you,

Message 4 of 4

Hi Pablo,

If you go to application option and Assembly tab, there is an option you need to tick which says " display component names after relationship name" save it. then you can see which 2 components are related with each other for particular constraint. It will read like Mate (XX, YY) where XX and YY are 2 parts. In parts tab also there is similar checkbox third from top. Let me know how you go. Sae all settings in application option so you don't have to do for every part/assembly. 

Regards,

Yash

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report