Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What template file is used when importing a compound STEP model?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bshbsh
277 Views, 2 Replies

What template file is used when importing a compound STEP model?

Hi,

when I import STEP models (probably others as well but I don't do that often), the resultings parts or assemblies don't seem to be created our templates, but rather, something else, and I don't know WHY? And what template files used exacty, because I coudln't find one that matches the results.

I also tried naming out template files differently, but that didn't help.

Could anyone please explain what is used here? And how to make Inventor use the ones that we have configured? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CCarreiras
in reply to: bshbsh

Hi!

These processes use a "system template", not a template you have in the regular template's folder.
A similar situation happens when you convert a solid part into sheet metal, it uses the "sheet metal system template".

I wonder if it's now possible to change/edit those system templates, i think this was not possible in the previous versions.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Gabriel_Watson
in reply to: bshbsh

If you keep a "Standard.ipt" template for parts under your Templates root folder, then Inventor should be using that as the default. Same for IAM/assemblies and a Standard.iam.

You could change those Standard files to a different folder than the rest of your templates if you wish, under Tools tab > App. Options > File > Default Templates path.

Gabriel_Watson_0-1688409421875.png

Similar thread:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/step-file-import-template/td-p/7624948

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report