Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

we cant able to attache the excel in the inventor to the hole by replacing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
372 Views, 4 Replies

we cant able to attache the excel in the inventor to the hole by replacing

we cant able to attache the excel in the inventor to the hole by replacing the standard excel with our customized excel.,please do the needful

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kennyj
in reply to: Anonymous

Open Parameters

At bottom left corner, choose Link.

Select the Excel file.  Click okay.

Then for the Parameter that the Hole is using, change it to the new linked parameter which show up under "User Parameters".

Message 3 of 5
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Are you looking to replace the thread excel file that's located in your Inventor Design Data folder?   Please clarify what you are trying to accomplish.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! It looks like you want to use custom thread table instead of the one shipped with Inventor. There are a few things to check.

1) Does the machine having to read the custom thread table have Excel.exe installed? If not, please add an environment variable "UseLibXL" and set it to 1.

2) Are you able to use the Inventor thread table and create a threaded hole feature?

3) Did you check if the custom thread table has the same format as the Inventor one? The format has to be the same. Otherwise, it will not work.

After you check above and it still does not work, please attach the custom thread table here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com). I can help take a look and see where the problem is.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks for your suggestions i will try them and let you know the updates.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report